DRP shops, also known as network or select service shops, have contracts with the insurance company. These contracts save the insurance company money. How is this possible? DRP shops agree to repair cars using less expensive parts, at a lower rate and faster. These shops benefit from contracts because insurance companies send them more work. Sounds great for the insurance company and their shops but not for the customer! Would you want your car repaired this way? Customers are often told by insurance companies they must use a DRP shop. This practice is called steering which is unethical. Below are common statements used to steer customers.
- ADJUSTER INSPECTIONS TAKE LONGER IF YOU DO NOT USE A DRP SHOP.
- It usually takes 3-5 days regardless of the shop you choose.
- TOW CHARGES WILL NOT BE PAID IF YOUR CAR IS TOWED TO ANOTHER SHOP
- Towing is paid regardless of the shop you choose.
- INSURANCE CAN NOT WARRANTY WORK DONE AT ANOTHER SHOP.
- Your insurance company does not repair cars and can not warranty work. Reputable repair shops such as, Nu Way Car Center, will warranty all work performed.
- RENTAL CARS ARE AVAILABLE QUICKER IF YOU USE A DRP SHOP.
- You can get a rental based on availability at rental car facilities. Two rental car facilities are less than 1/4 mile from Nu Way Car Center. Both facilities offer pick up and dropoff service.
Have you been told to use a DRP shop by your insurance company? You have the right to choose a shop for repairs. Nu Way Car Center in Arlington works on behalf of you. Give us a call and we will explain your rights.